Date of Last Revision : August 25, 2020
Date of Last Revision : August 25, 2020
eKos_connect is an independent Tech-Fin platform, connecting over 200 financial institutions with four million consumers through our partnership network and our goal is to expand the financial ecosystem in Asia, creating the capabilities to bring financial systems online and enabling financial institutions to reach more users through connected partners. As such, we are committed to the establishment and maintenance of policies and procedures that protect the privacy of personal information that may be collected from customers, prospective customers, partners and others who may visit our Website or use our software.
Who We Are
The website www.ekosconnect.com (the “Website”) is owned by eKos Pte. Ltd., 100 Tras Street, 100 AM #16-01, Singapore 079207. We are part of the Hyphen Group, a leading personal finance marketplace across Asia. This Website has been created to provide information to our visitors (“you,” “your”) about the products and services owned and operated by eKos Pte. Ltd. or any of our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, successors and permitted assigns (collectively, “eKos,” “we,” “us” and/or “our”), including the content, features, tools, data, software and functions made available by eKos through our Website, our mobile applications and any other websites or applications we operate (including for the avoidance of doubt Partner Portal and Affiliate Connect platform), unless those websites or applications have posted separate or additional privacy statements (the “Services”).
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three main ways: when you provide it to us, with automatic technologies and when third party sources provide it to us.
Information You Provide Us
When you interact with us through the Services, you may provide Personal Data and other information to us in various ways. The following are examples (without limitation) of the circumstances in which we collect Personal Data:
- When you access, complete and/or use one of our online forms, you will be asked to provide Personal Data such as your name, address, company name and type (where not an individual) and/or contact details;
- When you contact us with enquiries, we may ask for your name, email address and/or phone number, so that we can contact you regarding your query;
- When you complete and/or use one of our online forms, you will have the option to include additional information or commentary in the free text box on our form which may, depending on what you include, contain Personal Data.
- If we have registration and/or a log-on experience, we may ask you for certain information when you create an account such as name, email and/or other information to provide account related functionalities to our users.
- We may ask you to provide additional information we can use in order to verify your identity, address, organization, billing and/or invoicing information.
Automatic Collection of Computer Data
In addition, when you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain data about how you access and interact with our Services. Automated technologies, such as our use of ‘cookies’, help us achieve our goal of providing you with the best possible service. When you access our Services, our servers will record or track information sent from the browsers. This can include the following information (without limitation):
- attributes of the equipment or device you are using, such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, software and device identifiers;
- device locations, including specific geographic locations identified through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals or other means;
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator, ISP or other service provider, browser type and IP address;
- the website from which you have accessed the Services
- the Website pages viewed and/or details of the information, tools and features available through our Services that you interact with;
- links from our Website that you click on; and
- information related to any of the above.
- provide you with a more personalised experience using the Services.
- study browsing habits on this Website. The more we understand what products you are interested in, the greater our ability to offer you customized solutions and targeted advertisements and other marketing materials; and
- obtain information regarding the number of visitors to this Website and the pages viewed.
In most cases, cookies are deleted when you close your browser; these are referred to as session cookies. However, persistent cookies stay on your browsing device either until such time as you delete them or they expire. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies.
You can alter your computer browser settings to block or delete cookies. If you opt to block or delete cookies of the Services, you may not be able to access certain products or services and this could have an effect on the performance of the Services on your system (for example, banner ads may not display properly).
Using the above, eKos uses Google Analytics and Google Display Network features including
advertising and remarketing. Please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads/if you would like to opt out of any of these features.
Information Provided To Us By Third-Party Sources
We may also receive information about you from other third parties we have engaged such as business associates, subcontractors, analytics providers, platform providers, search information providers, credit bureaus and identity verification services.
Accuracy of Personal Data
By providing us with your Personal Data, you warrant that such data is true and accurate and undertake to notify us as soon as practicable of any change or alteration to the same. Any loss or damage caused to the Services or to the person responsible for the Services or to any third person through the provision of erroneous, inexact or incomplete information will be your exclusive and absolute responsibility.
You have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data as held by us. Please contact us at email@example.com at any time if you wish to correct, amend or update your Personal Data. We aim to acknowledge and act upon your request promptly. To help us respond in the most timely and appropriate way, please be as specific as possible in your request or inquiry. If, for any reason, we are unable to accede to your request, you will be notified accordingly.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
We use the information we collect about you for our legitimate business interests to operate the Services, to enhance and customise users’ experiences with the Services and to improve and grow our business. Some examples of how we may use the Personal Data we collect include the following (without limitation):
- to set up and administer your account with us;
- to respond to your requests for further information about our software as a service offering, our professional services, and our company, and to otherwise communicate with you;
- to analyse customer usage and behaviour, market trends and client demographics so that we can improve the content and functionality of our Services and provide a more bespoke user experience and more relevant communications to you;
- with your consent, for promotion and direct marketing purposes (see “Keeping You Updated” below);
- to store data and tomanage our business operations efficiently;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to diagnose and prevent service, security or technical issues affecting the Services;
- to monitor, detect and prevent fraud or abuse of the Services;
- to protect the safety, integrity and/or rights of our users or any third party; and/or
- to enable us to provide services and products related to the above and/or otherwise related to your use of the Services.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
We are committed to keeping your Personal Data and other information shared with us confidential. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose or transfer your Personal Data to certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Tracked Activities: To provide you our services, we may need to share some of your information with the entity that you are involved in a transaction with (including where such involvement is conducted via eKos as the contracting party). If necessary to facilitate the transaction, we may share your contact information, number of transactions you have completed, and certain other information you have provided with us or we have collected through the Services.
- Related Companies: We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates in the Hyphen Group (subsidiaries/affiliated companies of CompareAsia Group Limited- trading as Hyphen Group) that provide services to, or share services with, eKos.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of, or in preparation for, a change of control, merger, acquisition, restructuring, dissolution or similar event, we may disclose or transfer Personal Data to a third party.
Agents,Consultants and Related Third Parties: We rely on service providers to help support our business, for example (without limitation) our IT and analytics service providers, back office support, business consultants, legal service providers and marketing service providers. When we engage another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: We and/or any of the third parties listed above may also be required to disclose your Personal Data to any court, law enforcement body, government department, regulator or industry body of any country where required by the laws of Singapore or any other jurisdiction, or in response to a lawful request in Singapore or elsewhere. We may also need to disclose your Personal Data in order to protect or enforce the rights or property of eKos, to protect the personal safety of users of the Services and/or the public or to defend against legal liability.
By using our Services, you expressly consent to the disclosure of your information to the above parties.
eKos is fully committed to safeguarding the privacy of its customers, online and otherwise, and the success of our business depends on our ability to maintain the trust of our clients and customers.
Keeping You Updated
In connection with your use of the Services, and provided you give your explicit consent, from time to time we may use your Personal Data (including your name, address, email address and telephone number) to inform you of products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may request your permission to use your Personal Data for other informative purposes, for example, to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you or for other general marketing purposes. You will always be provided the opportunity to opt-in to further contact by eKos. You can opt out of direct marketing, free of charge, at any time (see “Your Rights” below).
Improving Our Service
Storage, Security and Retention
Keeping your data secure is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. This Website is a “VeriSign Secure Website” and thus offers a high level of data protection. However, no information transmission over the internet or email is 100% secure or error free.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as permissible by applicable law(s), in any event no longer than necessary for purposes mentioned in the “What Do We Use Your Information For?” section above.
You have the right to check whether we hold Personal Data about you and to require access or correction of your Personal Data. You can also opt out of receiving direct marketing or promotional communications from us and/or any of our affiliates.
If you wish to exercise any of your above-mentioned rights, or you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data, please kindly address your enquiries to: